Saturday, January 31, 2015

Never Walk Alone
























"When I walk into the thick of trouble, keep me alive in the angry turmoil. With one hand strike my foes, With your other hand save me. Finish what you started in me, God. Your love is eternal—don’t quit on me now." Psalm 138:7-8 The Message


Life is complicated and has many twists and turns. I don't think I know anyone who has a life free of complications. Sure there are some who are enduring extreme hardship while others are hitting what looks like potholes in the road we call life. If you are the one who is free from any complication we are thankful and praise God with you, but if you are amongst those who find many days a challenge you are not alone.

Sometimes, we isolate ourselves. Isolation is never a good plan. During those dark days most of us just become more consumed with the pain of what's going on. Often, it is hard for us to focus on God while we stand alone. Yes, God is with us, but many times we do not feel Him.

If you find yourself in a dark place seek out a healthy friendship. Seek someone who can walk alongside you giving gentle nudges towards Jesus when needed. This healthy person is not someone you should expect to have the answer to your problem, but someone who will stand with you praying and encouraging you. Never walk alone.

If you see someone in a dark place don't be afraid to stand with them. You don't have to fix their problem. You need only allow Jesus to shine through you as you love, encourage, and pray for your friend. It's not your job to have the answers. That's God's job. So, take a deep breath and take a long walk with a friend who could use some fresh air.

By HIS mercy and in the grip of HIS grace,
Andrea Bowling Perdue

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Andrea, I can't tell you how much I needed to read this today. I am in the midst of an "angry turmoil" - feeling quite overwhelmed. And lonely, isolated. I will take your good advice and seek someone out.

And also, I'll keep following after the Someone who will uphold me.

GOD BLESS.