Monday, May 21, 2012

Listen Carefully


As I sit here this morning, I long to sit on the river bank dangling my toes in the creek. There is something about being nestled alongside a mountain with no viable communication with the outside world. The only communication available is with GOD or possibly the human you may share the surrounding beauty with. 

God speaks loudly through His creation when we slow down and listen. It's amazing how loud the water sounds as it rumbles over the rocks and around the bends and curves of the river bed. 

If you are like me, you are far from this beautiful river or your special quiet place with God. As we make our way through the chaos of today, lets try to listen carefully for the beautiful sounds of our Heavenly Father.

By HIS mercy and in the grip of HIS grace,

Andrea Bowling Perdue


~PRAYER REQUEST: Please continue to pray for my brother in law, David Smith. He has Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia. He is undergoing Chemo, again.




11 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Yes, to take the time to listen..... Hugs to you Andrea.

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

"BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!" That is something that is so easy to do here!

I LOVE AND MISS YOU, MY PRECIOUS FRIEND!

Blessings~
Laura

Karen said...

"God speaks loudly through His creation when we slow down and listen."...such an important reminder for every day...

Diana said...

A very lovely post Andrea and I love the photo you chose. I will add David to my prayer list.
Love Di ♥

Kathleen said...

No wonder you post so many beautiful photos on FB. Relishing God's handiwork is an act of worship for you. It is for me, too. My early morning walks often captivate me. The scent of the air, the glory of blooms, the majesty of mountains. Everyone God is making Himself known.

Praying your BIL has great success & complete healing with this new round of chemo.

Blessings,
Kathleen

RCUBEs said...

We often try to listen in wrong places for His voice. How often we miss great moments only if we learn to be still so we can hear His whispers...How comforting that must be! God bless you sister and praying for you and family and your BIL.

quietspirit said...

The scene you paint sounds heavenly. We have times when we need to listen to God. He never leaves us nor forsakes us. We have to quiet our hearts and listen.

Denise said...

Much love, and many hugs to you my sweet sis. Prayers continue for your dear brother.

Jackie said...

Beautiful reminder, Andrea!

Prayers continue for David and family.

Blessings!
Jackie

Nancy said...

Hello Andrea - I do long for a quiet place like that with no sound but nature speaking. Such a welcoming idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,hope your having a Blessed Sunday...
*Renee