Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One Pebble at a Time

















"Never stop praying." 
1 Thessalonians 5:17 NLT


Over the years, many people have called me a prayer warrior. The name seems overwhelming and unattainable. Yet, as I began tossing each pebble size prayer at God I suppose I was building prayer warrior skills. They were not pretty prayers and many times they were more like inaudible groans from a dying animal or a flood of tears from a broken damn. They were my prayers to a loving, gracious, and merciful God; a God who sent His son to save and restore me to the person He created me to be.

Each person who prayers and seeks God is a prayer warrior. Our prayers range from fragmented pebbles to giant boulders as we continue on our journey through this life. We must warrior on, one pebble at a time.

One pebble at a time
We build
We grow

One pebble at a time
We live
We know

One pebble at a time
His love
We show

One pebble at a time
With grace and mercy
Our prayers go

One pebble at a time

By His mercy and in the grip of His grace,

Andrea Bowling Perdue 


5 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Good thoughts Andrea! Even our ''pebble'' sized prayers are precious to God. Or even our ''grain-of-sand" sized ones!

God bless you!

Marilyn Harrell

Denise said...

Beautifully written, love you.

quietspirit said...

Beautiful thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

Chris said...

Hi Andrea, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Sharon said...

I enjoyed this, Andrea. I'm looking at some *mountains* in my life right now - and they look pretty daunting. One pebble at a time...

OK, I think I can handle that!

GOD BLESS!