Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Day Forever Changed

After a morning of errands, I traveled north from the village of Chester, Virginia to my favorite coffee shop, Crossroads. Crossroads Coffee and Ice cream is located at 3600 Forest Hill Avenue, Richmond, Virginia. Upon entering, I quickly settled in with Bible open and plum tea in hand as my heart readied for God's next adventure.

With a sip of tea and a glance toward the espresso machine, time came to a crawl when an armed robber bound through the door waving his gun erratically toward each of us. The robber began demanding money and beating both cash registers with his hand. In his frustration, he shot at one of the employees and then held his gun on one of the patrons. Will Herring, store owner, bravely surrendered his days earnings. The robber left as erratically as he entered, disappearing into the nearby neighborhood. He was quickly apprehended by Richmond City Police with the aid of two Crossroads patrons.

My day forever changed; each person involved safe, yet now a part of a crime scene. Myself and others relive the crime one my one, while giving our written statements to a Richmond City Police Officer. Sitting outside the Coffee Shop behind yellow crime scene tape, I began to ponder God's Faithfulness. He graciously protected myself and many others from the enemy as he bullied his way into our lives on that warm October day.

"The Lord Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm." (Exodus 14:14 NLT)

Dearest Heavenly Father, Thank You for protecting myself and others from the selfish attempt of the enemy on this day. You, O' Lord are my protector and stronghold. You gallantly rescued each of us from harm. I love You, Lord and I thank you for reminding me of Your gracious faithfulness in my life. Father, continue to prepare the way before me and use me as I take each step in the journey You have planned for me.

Andrea

1 comment:

Mary Moss said...

Wow, I hadn't heard this story! Thank God for his faithfulness!