Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What It Means To Storm The Heavens In Prayer!


























Storming The Heavens In Prayer

I cry
I scream
I beg
I plead
Sometimes, I even stomp around!

Sometimes physically..
Sometimes emotionally..

I have lived out my life speaking my mind and heart....the good, the bad, and the ugly to GOD.

You might say:

"That doesn't sound very respectful!"

My answer to you would be:

GOD already knows my heart. He wants me to give all those hurts, pains and even questions to HIM. HE is GOD and HE can handle anything and everything I throw at HIM! HE loves me deeply, this I know for sure! In my deepest time of need, hurt, or pain, HE has never abandoned me. HE has held me in HIS arms and soothed my broken heart when "no" human could.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.He is my shield, the power that saves me,and my place of safety." Psalm 18:2
My life lesson:

Never be afraid to share "all" of what's on your heart with GOD!

By HIS mercy and in the grip of HIS grace,

Andrea

~This week I received an email asking me if there was a biblical reference for "storming the heavens in prayer." I used this term privately for many years. A couple of years ago, I began using it publicly, because it represents my actions in prayer. I realized my actions deserved an explanation. So, now you all know what "storming the heavens in prayer" means to me.

18 comments:

Wanda's Wings said...

God knows our hearts, so you are right,We need to show our feeling to Him.

Unknown said...

Amen!, sister!! Without Him, I would not be, could not survive ... He is my entire life.
TTFN ~
Huggers, sweetie friend ~
Marydon

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Wonderful post dear one!!! I love the idea of storming the heavens in prayer-especially for those loved ones who don't know our Jesus. Praying for the words to flow from His heart to your hand.
Hugs, Noreen

Renee said...

Loving this!! YES! God knows it all and wants to hear it all from us...a our loving father we can go to him with every thought every feeling!

Carrie said...

Yes! I storm the heavens too and sometimes it gets quite loud! But, just like a storm, it tapers off and becomes gentle and cleansing too.
I love that Psalm!

Saleslady371 said...

Hey, if David can sing songs of deliverance, we can storm the heavens! With you!

Warren Baldwin said...

Amen! Prayer is our first and most privilege to approach God with, and weapon to oppose the evil one with. Great post.

Andrea said...

God longs for his children to "cry out" to him. What an obedient, humble servant you are to pour out your heart to the Lord. Thank you for sharing with such candor.

Andrea

A Mother Always said...

Agree with you, God knows us, right down to the deepest little thoughts.. we just need to put ourselves - totally, with absolute trust - into his hands.

Trisha said...

Such courage to Storm the Heavens, to an Almighty God; and through grace, He answers your humble cries. Blessings dear friend. You are an inspiration.

BLUEBUTTERFLY said...

How wonderful that I actually meditated on that Scripture this morning. As I read your words, I simply had to thank God that He responds to every condition, every cry. When Hagar could not stand to see the suffering of her child and care for him in his distress, God heard his dying cry and responded. (Genesis 21:14-19). I will continue to cry to Him, whisper to Him and seek Him in every possible way.


Faith, hope & love.

Melanie said...

I feel like "stomping" around a little bit myself!
I sure would like some answers to some prayers right about now.

quietspirit said...

Andrea:
God DOES know our hearts. He can take anything we tell Him. We can be angry with Him; we can be thankful to Him. He wants to hear from us. We can tell him what bothers us and what's on our minds.

Surprised By Joy! said...

Amen....That's what I look like when I storm the heavens, too. :)

Blessings,
Tammy

Just Be Real said...

Totally agree. Awesome.

Nancy said...

This sounds a lot like the woman and the unrighteous judge to me. She "stormed the heavens" when she kept coming to him and she got results. Hoping your answers are on their way.

LisaShaw said...

The privilege of prayer...aww, nothing in the world like it! To be able to cry out to God in whatever way necessary; with reverential awe of Him...knowing that He cares in ways that no human possibly could and that He alone can answer the need...is an amazing and humbling gift we've been given!

Praise the LORD Andrea! Keep praying!

Deborah said...

I love this Andrea! Nice post.
xxoo
Deborah