Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Journey Continues

















Life is full of "fun" adventures as well as "not so fun" (complicated) adventures. We learn and grow through each of them. Recently, I embraced a 12 week journey to become a better me emotionally, physically, and spiritually. During this journey I lost 7 pounds and several inches. My most profitable gain has been recognizing triggers leading to emotional eating and beginning to address them.

On April 13th, I completed my first 10k. I power-walked the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10k in 1:42:25. I can honestly say, "It felt good and I want to do it again!" Completing the 10k was not about setting a record or beating someone else's time. It was about me and my relationship with God.

While participating in a 10k may not seem to fall under the "spiritual" category in other folks world, it does in mine. I prayed God would change my heart toward exercise and He did it.

The journey continues....

By HIS mercy and in the grip of HIS grace,

Andrea Bowling Perdue

9 comments:

quietspirit said...

Congratulations on your achievement. God helped you reach your goal. I praise Him for helping you do this.

quietspirit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Andrea, I am inspired by you. Three years ago, I lost a fair amount of weight, and got into good shape. In this last year, since I made a major move after living in the same place for 29 years, I have found myself eating more and doing virtually no exercise. I haven't gained all of the weight back, but enough that I don't feel good.

So, you have really made me think about all of this. I agree, this is a spiritual journey also. I am going to start praying that God helps me get up and get going!

And I happen to think that your 10K run, and the time (!!), is just super!!

GOD BLESS!

Trisha said...

So glad you are making progress, most of us could learn from your example. We would probably feel much better if we got more exercise, and ate healthier food.
Have a Blessed day,
Trisha

Buttercup said...

I am awed, but you are an awesome person. Thanks for the encouragement to be a healthier person.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

good for you; well done!

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, you go girl. I am so very proud of you. You are my super hero, forget wonder woman.

Wanda said...

Congrats to you Andrea! Our wholes lives are a spiritual matter. What an inspiration this post was to me.

Anonymous said...

Great experience! And congratulations! I can see where such a walk would be a great spiritual experience. Good post.