Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Crazy Life


Sitka..April 2007 snow.


First, I would like to apologize for not posting or visiting your blogs the last couple of days. We call our home, "The Perdue Zoo" and there is good reason for this title. Most humans hear this title and think we use it because we have lots of animals. "The Perdue Zoo" title holds a much deeper meaning.

Our life tends to be a bit crazy. People coming and going, teenagers and animals needing our attention, and the surprise happenings of each day lend us to feel as though we are a part of a zoo.

Yesterday, was no different. We began our day as normal. While brushing my teeth, my lower bridge flew out. I rescued it from the sink and placed it in a Ziploc bag. Next, I called my dentist! I was told to bring my bridge in at 11:00 am. We journeyed across town with my appendage in hand. I received this bridge and an upper bridge in January 2009 and we have grown quite fond of one another.

Upon arriving at the dentist office, I was told I would have to leave my little friend (bridge) and it would be sent back to the lab before they could put it back in my mouth. I will reunite with my bridge on Monday, July 13TH.

Leaving the dentist, I realized I needed my B-12 shot. My journey led me back across town to the doctors office. After a short wait, I received my shot and journeyed on.

My hubby stopped at the Bridal Shop to be measured for our daughter's wedding to find they did not have the information on file. He left two voice mail messages on our daughter and her her fiance' voice mail.

Arriving home, I found a sweet note on my face book page from one of my younger sister's childhood friends. My youngest sister died tragically at age 17. Her friend lives in Gaffney, South Carolina where a serial killer recently took the lives of several people, including one teenager. Her note stated:

She had been able to share her experience with some of the teens at Gaffney High School. She shared how she and others coped through faith and knowing they would one day see Dayna again.

(I will post more later about my experience, losing my sister). Today, I share this as a praise. GOD is still working 20 years after her death to bring about good.

Exhausted, but determined to carry on we prepared to take Nanuq, our Samoyed to Dog Therapy at Central State Psychiatric Hospital, Petersburg, Virginia. We enjoyed a wonderful visit with patients.

Upon leaving the hospital, I realized I had a voice mail from home. I checked my message and called home to find my beloved Alaskan Malamute, Sitka was not using his right rear leg and in horrible pain. Sitka is 4 years old and endured 3 knee surgeries during his lifetime. He is my baby.

We hurried home and found Sitka to be in great pain. Our son had already given him pain medications and was trying to console him. My husband and I spent the next few hours trying to comfort him.

Finally around 11:00 PM he began to rest. This morning, I prepared for work and my hubby journeyed to the vet with Sitka. After his examination, our vet prescribed more pain medications and an anti-biotic. He could feel inflammation around the knee.

Please pray for Sitka and for us as we make decisions for him. I will try to get around to all of you and post more as soon as I am able.

A day in the life of "The Perdue Zoo."

Andrea

15 comments:

RCUBEs said...

That seemed a lot of things in one day but you chose to continue to share your ministering spirit to inspire those lonely souls in that psych. hospital, together with Nanuq.
It must be hard for you and your hubby when you found out that Sitka was in a lot of pain. Pain is no fun. It just limits your ability to be functional, no matter what. Praying that the antibiotics and pain meds will work wonders for Sitka.
Glad to know that God used that email from a friend to at least brighten up your day and soothed some of the pain of your precious loss.
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."-Romans 8:28
Despite the craziness, God is working in you to fulfill his purpose. Praying for you and your family and God bless sister. Love to you.

christy rose said...

Wow! You did have a "zoo" of a day huh? But God is good! He works all things out for the good of those who trust in Him! I pray your dog Sitka feels better! And this day for you is too! :)
God Bless,
Christy

Leslie said...

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? Thankfully, God is standing with us through our storms and helps us to persevere!

I pray that you have a better day and that Sitka will be well! (Ooo, a wedding coming up...how fun!)

Hugs and Blessings, Leslie

Marsha said...

Sounds more like a safari park to me! LOL

Bless your heart! Take a deep breath and laugh... it's a great stress reliever.

Praying your poor Sitka is well soon.

Blessings.

Terri Tiffany said...

Busy day filled with so many ups and downs. I pray your dog heals--they too are like family to me when we had pets.
Hoping your day is filled with so many blessings!

Heart2Heart said...

Andrea,

So sad to hear about your day! No wonder the blues have crept up on you! There are so many things happening all at once it's amazing you can catch your breath in it all. We are praying for you dear sister and for Nanuq as well.

Here is hoping that the sun will rise again and bring a much better perspective on the days ahead.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Warren Baldwin said...

Wow, a lot of varied experiences crammed into a short time. The story surrounding the note particularly got to me. We've dealt with several tough teen situations in our community and they came sweeping over me as I read this. Good post.

LisaShaw said...

O precious sister. May God's healing pour over Sitka and may His presence saturate you and your precious hubby and family. I love you.

Deidra said...

You've sure got a lot on your plate. Keep pressing on and, as my grandmother would say, "Keep looking up." Be blessed!

Mocha Momma said...

My goodness, you've been inundated with stressful events. I hope things are calming down and that Sitka will soon be well.

Hope they do a good job on your bridge. They shoud give us two of everything so we don't have to go without when these things break.

Take care,
Nannette

koralee said...

wow...that is alot on your shoulders...now you need to unload it all onto our Heavenly Father...
I will pray for you and for your lovely dog Sitka...I know what it is like to have a dog that suffers in pain...our black lab has had trouble with her hip and knees...one knee replacement later and she still is in pain...hang in there and sending much love your way!

Crown of Beauty said...

oh dear, andrea, I am praying for you after reading all that you shared.

I'm praying the bridge will be a perfect fit, and also especially that Sitka will recover quickly.

Miti said...

Hey Andrea. You had quite a day. I hope everything works out and I hope Sitka is feeling better soon.

It's ironic that you mentioned the Gaffney serial killer. I haven't been watching much tv lately and my husband mentioned the story to me. He told me that this crazy person was from the same place where my parents live, Vale, NC. I'm so thankful that they didn't cross paths with him. It's awful.

Andrea said...

Andrea, I hope today will be more settled for you. My goodness! I know you must have been exhausted last night!

I hope and pray Sitka will soon be better.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. It is amazing that after many years, God is using the situation to bring comfort to others. Still, I know an empty place must remain in your heart for her.

May our glorious God in heaven give you peace, comfort, and joy today and throughout the weekend.

As you have blessed others, I pray blessing will return to you manifold.

Take care. And thank you, dear friend, for your love and supoort and prayers for me and my dear husband.

In God's Love,

Andrea

Loren said...

Andrea,

I am just catching up on my blogs as I traveled home these past 2 days. I am so sorry you had such a rough day and Praise God that even in your chaos you Praise HIM, Seek Him and point others to HIM for it is in Him that we will have peace!

Praying for you my friend and your family and precious Sitka!