Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Living The Quiet Life














"Make it your goal to live the quiet life, minding your own business and working with your own hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are NOT Christian's will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others."
1Thessalonians 4:11-12


Recently, I have been contemplating returning to secular work, however GOD in His infinite wisdom has been gently nudging....well, truthfully "shoving" me into a larger ministry of writing and speaking. Daily, I would allow the secular thoughts to creep in.

Yesterday, I went to the hairdresser to have color put on my hair. The facility was a buzz with chatty women portraying themselves as Christian's, yet their words hurt my heart. The distraction of those words became intensely loud, yet the still small voice inside me was able to overcome the roaring lions on the outside.

GOD brought me to a quiet place of writing; HE graciously gave me a writers nook within my home and a husband who is thrilled with the adventure GOD set before me. I am able to work in my pj's and soak daily in GOD's word; what more could I ask?

I tremble when I think of how easy I am tempted to do things my way. Today, I thank GOD for giving me "the quiet life" and lovingly directing and redirecting my path.

Soaking in my Heavenly Fathers peace, love, and restoration,

Andrea

9 comments:

Mildred said...

Hello Andres! And welcome to my site-the Living Word Book Club! I too had the same dilemma-going back to having secular job or to stay home and raise my daughter. It was difficult for me. I have this need for achievement that my secular job filled in the past and I really thought staying home was not for me. Yet, this is what the Lord wanted me to do. I have finally accepted it and I am happy I am home with my family.

Mildred said...

Sorry I meant Andrea, not Andres!

Heart2Heart said...

Andrea,

Perhaps you are meant to stay at home and write at this time in your life. Pray about it and wait to see what doors God will open for you! I will be lifting your needs up in prayer.

RCUBEs said...

It's hard sister, to be so comfortable in your own "quiet zone" but I believe God places us in those areas we don't want to be for His purpose. That was my fear when I had to leave the Orthopedic floor and go to a correctional facility. You're right, it's hard to hear people gossiping, trashing each other but that's the right place where we can reflect God's light...I still pray for the Lord to continue to guide me because I know we can do everything "because of Christ's strength"...God bless you and thank you for always dropping by and encouraging me. Hugs and prayers.

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Andrea,
It's obvious by your post today that you are a woman who hears from God. Thank you for writing about how he is leading you. God has given you a powerful gift here of writing for Him. I'll be happy to pray for open doors for you to be used by Him in the area of communication whether it be writing or speaking. How nice that your husband supports your talent.

Bless you,
Mary

Mary Moss said...

I thank God you hear His call on your life and obey it! Your gift is great and the world is a better place for your sharing it.

Love,
Mary

Sheryl said...

I love that phrase :"Soaking in my Heavenly Fathers peace, love, and restoration"

Alleluiabelle said...

Andrea,
I worked in the secular field of government for 29 yrs., and I am happy to say that God has me right where He wants me at this season in my life. Like you, He has given me a writer's knook as well in my home and it is wonderful to be able to soak in His Word any time of the day and to also be able to spread His Word through one way, such as a blog, to be an encouragement to others. You are an encouragement to me when I come here.

Hugs & Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Every now and again, I find those quiet moments in my day. They've been absent in recent weeks. I miss my quiet...

When I can, I'm a jammie wearing writer as well.

peace`elaine