Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Pull Yourself Together"














"And now, finally, God answered Job from the eye of a violent storm. He said: Why do you confuse the issue? Why do you talk without knowing what you are talking about? Pull yourself together Job! Up on your feet! Stand tall!" Job 38:1-3 The Message

Many of us have either experienced "violent storms" in our lives or are in the midst of one now. It is easy to take our focus off of our Creator and Savior and place it on the storm itself.

It is simple! Do we trust GOD or not? I admit, many times in my life I have babbled on and on about my problems and worked myself into a frenzy impacting my health, husband, children, friends, and probably people I do not even know.

Today, let us together "get up on our feet, pull ourselves together, and stand tall."
Let us leave the violent storms at the feet of our fully capable Heavenly Father and snuggle closely in His arms knowing He is our refuge, strength, and provider of all hope.

By HIS mercy and in the grip of HIS grace,

andrea

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)

Laurie said...

Amen sister. It is great to be able to be in the Lord through a storm. I know I wouldn't survive the storms of life without Him. Looking forward to seeing you this week! (I am feeling a little better- thanks for your prayers.)

Joan said...

Amen. Great post!
Blessings

Tracy said...

Amen! He is able! = )

Nicole said...

Andrea, I am so glad that you wrote this. God IS well capable of handling our storms, and the bible does say I believe in Ps 37 that the righteous are never forsaken and we are never begging for bread. He is our bread, and He will never forsake us. So now what? Get on up and go!