Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Whispering Hope"













Whispers of God's hope are fluttering around in my mind this beautiful, cold February day. As I contemplate my own life dilemma's, as well as those of friends and family I am reminded of God's provision in word. Come...travel through the scriptures with me.

"Where then is my hope? Can anyone find it?" Job 17:15

I don't know about you, but there are times in my life when I can relate to Job's words: "where is my hope?" Sometimes I feel a bit like I have lost it or maybe my hope ran feverishly away from my wandering mind and spirit.

"And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you." Psalm 39:7

Ah, my hope did not run away. Where did I put it? Great question!! Many times I put my hope in the wrong place(s). Thankfully, God nudges me, sometimes gently and sometimes with a great big push or shove. He is faithful to draw me back to His ever faithful word.

Hope is NEVER lost...only a whisper away!

Hoping in "our Heavenly Father,"

Andrea

6 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Thank you for giving me exactly what I needed to hear in my day today! AMEN!

Mary Moss said...

Andrea, this is just wonderful.

Shanita Waters said...

Hi Andrea. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the warm wishes!!

May God continue to bless you!
Shanita

Tracy said...

Wow! You packed quite a punch with this little post. Just beautiful. Thanks for stopping by to visit. I suspect this will become a frequent stop of mine. = )

Blessings,
Tracy

RCUBEs said...

I didn't know what to blog about today. Until I was reviewing my old journal and came across 1Kings19:11-12-"where the Lord was not in the earthquake nor fire but there was the sound of a gentle whisper..."I stopped and checked out ur blog real quick and was just amazed you just wrote about "whispers of hope from God." Your post is inspiring [glory to God!] and I pray that we don't miss finding Him in the gentle whispers that come from "humbled hearts". God bless sister.

Spring M Fricks said...

Very nicely put. I'm so thankful that my hope is in Him!