Thursday, February 19, 2009

Waiting On The Lord


















"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31

For years this passage has been a favorite of mine. Each time I read it I pause at "wait for the Lord." Waiting is likely the most difficult part of God's plan for me. Patience has never been my strength.

Today, as I read this passage God spoke a different word to me. I realized when I run ahead I am NOT enjoying the life He has given me. Sadly, I regret the many times I missed blessings and endured unnecessary heartache because of my lack of patience.

When our Lord says, "wait" He means it. Today is a new day in our journey. Peacefully, I reside to enjoying the life God has given me. I am striving to no longer run ahead, instead be still, listen, and enjoy the blessings of each moment. In God's time, the new adventures of our lives will unfold.

Blessings, prayers, and love from the coast of Virginia,

Andrea

6 comments:

Spring M Fricks said...

Oh, this is one of my favorite passages as well. Actually, Isaiah just may be my favorite book in the Bible.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

As a fellow writer walking in the journey God has me on, I'll have to stop by again.

Beth Herring said...

Patience has never been my strong suit either, Andrea. I need to stop and reflect and wait up on the Lord. Thank you for this great reminder.

I love the baby pic below!

In Him,
Beth

Heart2Heart said...

I would agree that I have this verse taped to my refrigerator door, although I don't always follow it, I like to "help" God out and don't wait. I find however the older I get, it gets much easier to wait! Blessings!

Mary Moss said...

I share your tendency to rush on ahead of God! You're so right, when we wait, He blesses us far beyond our imagining:-)

Wenny said...

Hi Andrea, I'm alike with not much of patience. I used to be always in a haste that I forget to enjoy this voyage of life that God has prepared for me. It's only this couple of years that I've realised to slow down little by little, be more laid-back and appreciate not only myself but those around me. I am learning to make peace with my past so as not to ruin my present.

Thanks for your post that serves as a reminder to me. God Bless You!

Laurie said...

Amen sister. Waiting is equally hard for me.
Good reminder to rest, wait, and enjoy.