Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Love"














Love is a single flower...
Blooming through your life...
Love is a tower...
Tilting to one side...

From beginning to end...
Love is the same...
Often we pretend...
To love our own name...

Tomorrow, Today...
We often see change...
Lingering on...
In many a way...

Yet...
The best of love...
Far better than best...
Coming from above...
Unlike the rest...



I wrote this poem in 1982 at age 16 years old. As I ponder the twists and turns my journey through life has taken me the constant has always been my Lord. Needless to say, my journey like many others has not been easy, nor have I always made the best or correct decisions. Yet through each valley and bend in the road I came to a place of peace, hope, love and satisfaction.

God has been ever faithful to meet me in the midst of any and ever aspect of my life. Never once has he abandoned me. At the end of each day, I surrender myself to Him knowing He loves me and will never leave me.

Early this morning, I awoke sensing I needed to share this simple message. I suppose in the quite of the morning I realized there may be someone who has never known or felt this unconditional love. It is my prayer God will touch your heart in a way like never before giving you the gift he gave me so very long ago. He loves you and longs for you to no longer carry your load alone.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

By His mercy and in the grip of His grace,

Andrea

5 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Amen! You are an amazing writer now and even at 16! Thanks for being my inspiration this morning Andrea! Hope you are feeling better!

Love, Kat

Laurie said...

Beautiful poem and that is wonderful that you wrote it as a teen! You remind me to polish some of my earlier writings off. I am so thankful that God was, and is, and will always be! He certainly is the One constant!

Mary Moss said...

Beautiful poem and great message!

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Amen and amen! Great post!

Awesome poem, Andrea!

Please consider praying for the prayer requests on our main page.

God bless you,

Mark Seay

ps - if you feel inclined, please follow our newsletter (link towards the bottom of the first sidebar). :)

Attic Clutter said...

Lovely.. and only 16.. amazing..
I guess you were just born with the gift of expressing yourself in a wonderful poetic
fashion(:)
hugs, Patty