Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love

Challenge
Is often needed for love
For courage to love
For courage to speak up when you love!

The above poem was written in the heart of a young, thirteen year old girl known to most as Andee. She found herself growing up in a world without the security she once knew. Her grandmother, Marie Coates died September 27, 1979 after an extremely painful journey with Cancer.

God is faithful to heal and restore the hearts of all who are willing. The little girl known as Andee is now grown and sharing a special relationship with her own granddaughter. I am that little girl!!

As I gaze into the eyes of my precious granddaughter I think of my Nana and realize the gift God has given me. My Nana taught me how to be a Nana, giving me courage to love and speak up when I love.

In the grip of HIS grace,

Andrea

5 comments:

SQUELLY said...

Hello! Pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for dropping in at my little blog. This post is so beautiful! Your insight at 13 was very impressive- I still wake up every day praying for that "courage to speak up when you love" I think that is what blogging is all about. God Bless!

Attic Clutter said...

HI Andrea(:)
Such a sweet poem ..
glad you came over to see me and I hope you both get well really soon..
hugs, Patty

Attic Clutter..
http://atticfullofclutter.blogspot.com

Wenny said...

Hi Andrea
It's a short but beautiful poem. It conveyed a strong reminder. Yes, God gave us the ability to think and make choices. So, we should make those choices wisely for a happier journey in our lives that God has designed for us.

Angela Nazworth said...

Beautiful!! And such a lovely blog and heart you have!!

Anonymous said...

You definately know how to make your sister cry. I attribute Nana's gift to me the ability to love my grandchildren that some people say are not my grandchidren by blood. I love them with all my heart. It is a beuatiful gift to get a call on my cell phone from SC telling me "Grandma Courtney I wanna come trick or treating at your house." She definately gave us the ultimate gift of love!!