Wednesday, February 11, 2009

God's Goodness


"For I know the plans I have for you, "says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

This new day within God's plan reveals itself by the pitter patter of two of the most beautiful feet created by our Heavenly Father. With a bounce and a giggle Savannah Faith finds her way to Nana. She finds her favorite book and crawls into Nana's lap.

As I cradle my precious Savannah and share the "Martha, Martha" story I am reminded of days past. A little more than two years ago I did not know I would be "Nana" and now my heart skips a beat every time I hear her giggle, laugh, and call my name.

Although Doug and I did not know we would be grandparents, God knew. When I read the words in Jeremiah, "they are plans for good" I realize the true meaning of "good." In the past, "good" meant okay, fine, or simply something I could live with.

"My" new definition for God's "good" is: beautiful, magnificent, wonderful, exceeding anything one could imagine....the grandest grand!!

In years past I strolled through this passage and kept going. Now, when I read the words "the plans for good and not disaster," I get it. God's "good" is so far above anything we can comprehend. I pray you will join me in recognizing God's goodness in each day.

By His mercy and in the grip of HIS grace,

Andrea

6 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Andrea,

Thank you for highlighting that passage. I too often take things for granted and realize that God sometimes likes to do little things for us and not always the grand ones!

Love, Kat

Rhondi said...

Hi Andrea
That is one of my favorite verses. Thanks for leaving a sweet comment. I am glad to meet you.
Hugs, Rhondi

momstheword said...

What a beautiful post and a sweet precious little darling!

Mary Moss said...

Oh, what a wonderful post! That is some of my favorite scripture!

Schotzy said...

You nailed it! God is so good all the time! Thanks for your visit! I see you're from Chester. My husband and I have been there many times in the last couple of years and we stayed in The Marriott Courtyard. We are actually going to be in Richmond this weekend with our daughter and sil. Small world! Blessings! Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea, It's so great to meet you! Your granddaughter us just precious!!! What a beautiful blog you have.