Monday, April 13, 2009

New Beginnings














"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog-it's here a little while, then it's gone. What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that." Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil. Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it." James 4:14-17

Our lives are limited and there are no guarantees. Are we making the most of the gifts GOD has given us? Are we living life to the fullest? Are we living out a life of obedience?

Today, we are reminded of yet another truth: Being disobedient and sinful is not always doing what we know to be wrong. Sin is also NOT doing what GOD asks of us. It is hard to think of sin as not going the extra mile or giving a little extra to someone in need.

Sin can also be not writing when GOD clearly calls us to write and share HIS word with others. Okay, so now I am tromping all over my own feet. There are times when I am tired and frustrated and I simply close the computer. I know what GOD wants me to share, yet I willingly walk away.

Thank GOD for HIS mercy, grace, and a chance for new beginnings. Begin anew with me today. Obey the Father and enjoy your journey.

Serving GOD with you,

Andrea

*Those looking for the Fan The Flame award: look to the post below.

5 comments:

RCUBEs said...

It's always rejuvenating to come by and read your posts and be reminded of what we truly need on our part to complete what God had started in each of us. I hope you have a blessed day. Lord, please grant sis Andrea the strength she needs to accomplish the tasks for Your glory! Protect her and her family and guide her always with Your divine wisdom. Thank You Lord for being there for us, never forsaking us. In Jesus' Name. Love u in Christ sister-Rosel

Saleslady371 said...

This is a lovely post. I can't plan every detail, yet I'm responsible to do and to go at His command...God please order my steps today so I'm smack in your will doing what I am suppose to do!

Love you, Andrea!
Mary

Heart2Heart said...

Andrea,

As is so common for us, we both were looking today to blog about the same thing. As I try to do most mornings, after a cup of coffee and turning on my radio to a Christian radio station, I heard a song called, This is Your Life!

The words in it are asking you if you are the person who you want to be? I personally think this speaks volumes to your post this morning. I believe as Christian women, we can use our amazing talents in whatever capacity that God has called us to to spread His word.

For this season, we are chosen to write, to inspire others and to encourage those going through some very deep valleys. Thank you for using your 'gifts' to glorify God!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Laurie said...

GREAT POST! Wow, that is the hard, loving truth.
Thanks for your honesty and faithfulness in using God's writing gift within you.

Living Water said...

I can understand the sentiment of what it means not to write when GOD clearly calls us to write. You are not alone in this, so take comfort.

May God bless you as you continue to write for Him.