Sunday, May 17, 2009

God's Comfort Through Us














"God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled we will be able to give them the same comfort He has given us." 2Corinthians 1:3b-4

Lately, I have been bombarded with prayer requests. Each request full of heartache, pain, hopelessness, and deep despair. More than ever, I am aware of the tragic circumstances in others lives. My heart breaks for each of the individuals and families these request affect.

During my prayer time I read the verse from 2 Corinthians 1:33b-4 (above). I began to read it over and over, each time becoming more aware of my duty to pass along the comfort God pours out in my life to those hurting.

How do I accomplish such a seemingly big task? Where do I begin? Can I really make a difference?

As I ponder these questions, I realize I am obligated to love and encourage those in my path. God gives us the example. It is to be a way of life not an occasional occurrence.

Sometimes, encouraging others means making ourselves vulnerable. Some of my past is painful, yet often GOD prompts me to share it. In turn, I am able to encourage someone else facing the same or similar circumstances.


Today, as I journey forward I pray for GOD's unveiling of my sometimes blind eye to those in my path. Journey forward with me, recognizing everyday is a "new day" on the path of life.

By HIS mercy and in the grip of HIS grace,

Andrea

9 comments:

Kelly L said...

What a great thing to have you in our "blogging" lives.. to encourage and pray for those in need.. This is what God is constantly advising us to do... God be with you.

Kelly

Laurie said...

I appreciate you sister! Would you email me your phone number? I am not sure where I last put it? Sorry, I'll write it where I won't forget! God bless you and thanks for all those who you pray for. Good to see you yesterday. I'd love to get together sometime! Laurie

Saleslady371 said...

Oh, yes! You make a world of difference. Yes, you!!!!! When I am really hurting and it feels like I was socked in my stomach, I read blogs. God so honors His Word in this scripture because I think to myself, "she understands my pain." The Holy Spirit leads me right where I should read and sometimes it's you, my precious girlfriend! So do know that even though your past is wiped away and you no longer are that woman, the lessons of faith are priceless!

Thank you for your encouragement and realness.

Love you,
Mary

christy rose said...

Andrea,
Thanks for leaving such encouragement on my blog. Then I come here and I am encouraged even more. Your blog is wonderful and I would like to come visit often.

Thanks again,
Christy

Leslie said...

I love that same verse! It is such a great reminder that we are to use our own experiences (painful or otherwise) to comfort and help others. His comfort allows us to be able to comfort others. Just as we serve as examples to our own children, He serves as a wonderful example to us. He is so good!

Anonymous said...

My oh my, this post came at a perfect timing. I love this verse and I thank you for sharing it with me, you're a sweetie!

RCUBEs said...

Thank you for the "drop by". I appreciate the prayers! I always think about you, sis Mary and sis A-belle who hasn't been feeling well, too. I hope you are breathing better. My sinuses feel better. Have a great day. Love you-Rosel

La Espada De Dios said...

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.

Anonymous said...

I believe those who share the deepest pains of their lives bring hope. After all, isn't that what the death and resurrection of Jesus is about?